Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where did you find Daddy?

Yesterday Olivia and I were talking in the kitchen. She was asking me what school she would go to after she finished at Kuehnle. Then she wanted to know after that school where would she go and so on until she got to college and I told her she then got to pick which school she wanted to go to. She said Texas A&M was her pick. She then wanted to know again, where I went to college and where her daddy went. I told her that her poppy and her daddy went to the same college. She thought that was pretty neat. She then said, " what if I marry someone that went to the same college daddy did, then before she really even got that complete sentence out she quickly asked, "Where did you find Daddy? I told her I found him at church. I asked her what made her ask that question and she informed me I wouldn't understand if she told me!

Later that evening we were in the car and on the radio was a lady talking about wives honoring their husbands, apparently Olivia was listening to all she was saying about husbands and wives. Olivia looked at me and said you and daddy do that....y'all take turns cleaning the kitchen and....other things like that. I was reminded how are children watch everything we do and take it all in....the good and the bad. I was glad this was something good. And hopefully one day Olivia will find herself a husband that will take turns cleaning the kitchen with her!

2 comments:

Little Women said...

Sweet story! And I love the tax story too. Out of the mouths of babes, right? Your pictures and posts are great! Keep blogging!

Renee.Travel said...

very cool, looks like you figured out the blog templates! looks great..
the picture of deegan laying in the grass w/ the workers is the first one, you have to click on it so it's bigger, cuz i took it from the house and he's way out in the front yard, so i had to zoom as far as i could, but if you click on it, you can see it better.