Saturday, October 1, 2011

Emily's First Love Note

Emily came home with her first "love note" from a boy, if you can believe that at 5 years old. She has been talking about Charlie for weeks now. She sits by him in class and I thought they had just become buddies because they sat together. A week or so ago she had to move her clip to red because she was chatting with Charlie, telling him about the sleepover she was planning for him and others friends of hers. Five year olds don't know you #1. Don't have sleepovers at that age and #2. Don't invite boys to your sleepovers!
Regarding the clip movement she informed me she was interrupting her teaching while she was trying to teach the class because she was talking and that was why she had to move her clip. She included she just couldn't help it, the teacher was talking about ABC's and 123's and she already knows those, so it was VERY boring! Can't fault the poor smart child for that one!
Back to our love note........Thursday when I was cleaning out her backpack this is what I found at the bottom.



At first I thought she had drawn this, but when I looked close, it didn't look like her handwriting. So I asked her about it and of course she got the biggest grin on her face! Yes Charlie had given Emily her first love note! I think her sisters were impressed!

1 comment:

The Hambrick's said...

I love it!! What a great story. :)