Sunday, May 16, 2010

another busy day......






We celebrated CFBC's 40th anniversary and building dedication this morning at church then this afternoon we went to the carnival at the church. We arrived the last hour of the carnival because Emily had her end of the year program at Trinity. She was so excited about this program. She had been talking about it all week. When we were walking up to the gym she said, "momma I am so excited about singing up there" and I replied I am so excited about getting to hear you sing. Her class sang Archy Archy, and she wore her rain boots and Mickey Mouse raincoat. She was excited that her Nana and Poppy came to hear her sing as well. Then off to the church for the carnival.....lines were long and the heat was extreme but fortunately we only had to endure for one hour! We came home to discover our ac is broken and we had a fairly major leak in the attic. The water was dripping from the ceiling. When David saw it he was getting ready to go upstairs and put the girls to sleep. He said y'all don't come over here this is fixing to fall......well....that is all they needed to hear. They saw the wet ceiling and two of them (try to guess who) started freaking out, crying and having a mini melt down. The two drama princesses were Abby and Olivia. Emily could care less. Of course this totally derailed bed time. Once daddy figured out the problem, we told them he had fixed it and everything was okay so they could go to bed. They all cheered for daddy and finally went to sleep! Isn't it amazing how easily their world can be rocked and over some of the strangest things.
Oh one more story about the day.....this afternoon when I was getting Emily dressed for her program she looked at the dress and said this is not my size. I said yes it is, it says 4, she then said "what is the T for" I told her it was for Toddler, her reply "I am a toddler" Yes you are, I said, to which she responded, "I am a mess too"! Wonder who she heard that from!?

No comments: