Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Kindergarten Graduate




Today was Abby's big day as she graduated from Kindergarten. She looked so adorable in her white cap and gown. I remember Olivia's graduation like it were yesterday. The program was the same as when Olivia graduated. They sang I Am A Promise and did their high kicks (which really weren't too high) and had a blast doing it. I had been asking Abby for weeks, "are you practicing I Am A Promise in music?" She said no and I was sad thinking they didn't do that anymore. Then last week she came home all excited telling me they were practicing the song and kicking!
Of course like I always seem to have....camera problems. My camera battery went dead right after the I am a promise song...I was hacked to say the least, then my dad suggested to use the video camera to take still, which we did, only to discover when I went to upload them the card was full and the pictures were not taken. So no walking across the stage or family pictures afterwards! Thank goodness a friend snapped one picture for me! Sorry Abby, but I think there was a reason for this....what do you think JeanAnn?
This has been a crazy kindergarten year for my little August baby. Momma has worried and stressed over too many silly things I am sure. I need to take your daddy's laid back approach, he is helping me get there. God knows what is best for you little girl and I am trusting Him to guide me through your future,always choosing what is best for you.
You are a very bright little girl full of talent, with a smile that is sweeter than anything on this earth. You catch on to things when you want to catch on and you always want to do good and make E's! You love drawing and are so creative! I am amazed at all the things you make and how you pay such attention to detail when you make these things. You care for others and think of others and that shows as you are always making cards and letters for those you love. You are a sweet little girl and I am so thankful God allowed me to be your mother. I love you Abigail Victoria.....even though some days you can't remember what your middle name is!

2 comments:

Roxanne Broussard said...

This is so precious and I know you and David are so proud! These times stay with you forever as a Mom so, hold it in your heart as I know you will. I can still remember Josh standing with his little Kindergarten clas in cap and gown, they sang "First Grade, First Grade" to the tune of "New York, New York" - it was so cute and I still get teary thinking about it all these years later. They grow up so fast!

Little Women said...

Keri, this one makes me cry. I love the way you said, " I am trusting Him to guide me through your future." That is so very profound. I usually say I am trusting God with the girls' futures, but never have I said I am trusting Him to GUIDE ME through it. Two different things, but both so very important. I am so glad I checked your blog tonite. I love Abigail Simpson.