To quote my sweet little girls, "oh my word", I can still fit into my wedding dress!!!!! It is a bit snug in the waist area but it zipped all the way up and I was still breathing. For some reason I started trying on all these clothes I hadn't worn in forever and the girls were all into that. Having fashions shows is just about one of their favorite things to do.
Of course they are in the closet with me, Olivia asked where is your wedding dress? Why don't you try that on. at first I said I don't think so, then I though hey why not! So we put the dress on and then they wanted me to attach the train, which daddy had to help us do. Once I had the full garb on the girls were having a ball, singing, "here comes the bride all dressed in white...... Actually they were wondering where the thing was that goes on my head.....I had to tell then I had no idea what happened to the veil!
They were having fun playing under the train and being silly.
Olivia says she wants to were the dress when she gets married, then her other sisters chimed in saying the samething.....we shall see. That is why I am blogging this. Proof that Olivia once said she wanted to wear her mother's wedding dress. Not that I will hold her to it, just noting it for history's sake! Abby and Emily have know idea what they are committing to, but I think Olivia is old enough to know.
David wanted to take a picture of me in the dress with the girls, but I said no, I had no make up and a greasy ponytail in my hair. As I was taking the dress off, I then wished I would have let him take the picture. What a precious picture that would be. Me ten years later wearing my wedding dress with my three precious little girls that were only dreams at the time I first wore the dress. A priceless picture....and I passed......
One other note......David informed Olivia she could not wear this dress for another 20 years! Time will tell......
No comments:
Post a Comment