Yes, it is true the first case of chicken pox has hit our family. Olivia's torso has red pox scattered all over. She was not interested in having a picture of her stomach put on my blog she said, so you will have to take my word.
She spotted the the red bumps as she was changing into her bathing suit. Her friend just had shingles so I thought it might be shingles. I had her friends mom look at Olivia and she thought it was either shingles or chicken pox.Of course the emotion starts flowing as soon as the diagnosis was made! So off to the doctor we went,were more emotion flowed, not to mention she kept going to the bathroom because her stomach was more than nervous. Of course the first thing she says is I don't have to get a shot do I? Of course I say no, because who gets shots when they have chicken pox! Well the first thing the nurse does is look to see if she has had her varicella vaccine, to which she says, "she only has had one she needs one more shot! More emotion, but momma quickly said well if you have chicken pox then you won't need the shot. Olivia was happy to learn from the doctor that she had chicken pox, which quickly turned to emotion again when the doctor said she couldn't go to her last day of science camp. One thing that I learned from the doctor is , you can't get shingles unless you have already had chicken pox!
So we shall see if the sisters get it?????? They have had their two doses so it should be pretty mild if they do get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment