






We just got home from a quick trip to Galveston. We left Friday afternoon. Once we got through the traffic getting out of Houston it was smooth sailing. We stopped by the girls favorite place to eat, Rainforest Cafe for dinner. The girls just love that frog and all the stuff in their store! There was still some daylight left after dinner so of course David was ready to take the girls to the beach. The girls hadn't been out in the water 5 minutes when Olivia gets stung by a jellyfish! I see David pick her up and I thought he was going to through her in the water, but then he starts carrying her in. I thought to myself oh no what happened this time. Last year when we went to Galveston, first day out in the water her and I both trip over some broken shells and rocks and cut ourselves all up. Olivia was cut up really bad on her feet and the salt water was making it sting worse. So of course that is all she talked about before we headed off to Galveston. Reliving that day and saying she did not want a repeat. So you would know it would be her to get hurt. Of course she was ready to go home after that.
David's friend Allison let us stay at her new place just 3 blocks from the beach. The girls loved it. The next day David took them to the beach at 7:30 in the morning then we headed to the strand for some shopping and root beer floats. Then we went to check out an old house daddy would like to buy and fix up. After that we toured the Elissa, where the girls were impressed that their daddy once volunteered on the boat! Now that we are all hot and majorly sweaty we go to lunch at my favorite place Sunflower Cafe and then head home.
I have to say last years quick trip to Galveston was a bit more fun....that was before I had gone to Destin and the reality of Galveston's unattractiveness had not yet hit me! Fortunately the girls could care less, the beach is the beach! Lucky for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment