
As soon as I walked into her room and said, "time to wake up Emily, it's your first day of school", her eyes popped open and she started making her way out of the bed. No doubt little doodles was excited for her first day of school.
She quickly got dressed, hair and teeth brushed. She did stop to ask, where are my sisters? They had left with their Daddy earlier this morning so he could take them to meet Natalie, Aunt Ruth and MawMaw to go to the the waterpark. Shhhh, Emily doesn't know she is missing out on this! I told her they went with Daddy this morning. She was so excited about school that didn't even phase her.
Of course she wanted to take some pictures and video and then off she went to get in the car with lunchbox and napmat in hand!
Of course she walked right in hugged her teacher and was greeted by her buddy Melissa and off she went.....I am pretty sure she didn't even say bye momma!
What a blessing to have a child that loves school and what a blessing to be able to send her someplace that I have not a worry in the world about dropping her off there. No sadness or hesitation. I know she is in a great place and will be well taken take care of and will come home with a wealth of new knowledge!
Yes, we are off to a good start in our school year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment