11 o'clock until 4 o'clock.....that is how long we were out in the hot sun today watching football (of all things) and waiting for Olivia to cheer at halftime for two different football games. It has been a long month of 3 times a week practices among others things I don't care to mention....but why not....missing her sister's birthday party, selling trash bags, saying she has mean coaches, etc, etc.....Her and I were both ready for the season to be over with and it hadn't even started.
I was truly dreading today. Sitting out in the hot sun, yuck. But once I saw the look on Olivia's face when she was performing......it erased all the bad and her smile made it all good!!!! She didn't even complain about the heat. It probably helped that she was awarded Senior Spirit Girl of the week! That was a surprise to her. She didn't know it until she heard her name called out over the loud speaker! I think that was the biggest thrill for her. It was a fun day for Olivia and and not so bad for her mother too!
No comments:
Post a Comment