



We were bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning..... I am sure Olivia will not be as easy to wake up for the remaninder of the school year. She was no doubt excited this morning. Friday night we found out at meet the teacher she has the teacher she wanted and the one momma requested. I know the principle doesn't like to hear parents name names when requesting teachers, so I was so thrilled that even though last year I decided to name a name she still decide to give my daughter that teacher! Jaci had Mrs. Brewer and so did Jeremy and so goes Olivia.
Pulling up to the school this morning I said, "do you want me to walk you in?" "Of course Momma, it's the first day of school, you have to walk me in", she replies. Music to a momma's ears. I hope she says that next year as a fifth grader.
This afternoon when I picked her up she had the biggest smile on her face. When I asked how her day was her reply was, "AWESOME". I love Mrs. Brewer. I asked if she liked her better than her teacher last year and she said yes, to my surprise! Momma loved her teacher last year and didn't think it could get any better. Olivia was specific in the things that she liked better about this teacher and I have to say they were all things the signaled she wasn't as strict maybe in the beginning but I didn't think her teacher was strict last year, but apparently she ran a tight ship and had guidelines these kids knew to follow and I see nothing wrong with that!
Olivia is ready to try out of choir and hand bells, which we had already decided that she wouldn't do, but apparently the excitement of a new school year and the thought of school programs was just too much for her. She already knows she wants to try out for DI so we had decided last year to nix choir......we shall see
I am just so thrilled Olivia LOVES school so much. I am thankful she is at a school that we all love so much! It is a blessing indeed. So excited about what the year holds for Olivia!
1 comment:
Wow she looks so big, until the profile pic and her backpack is so huge! lol I do love that outfit, so 4th grade :)
Have a great year Olivia!!
Post a Comment