Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our Baby is 5 :(


Happy Birthday Sweet Emily.......I suppose that should have been the title, but I am feeling a bit sad. The time has slipped through our fingers and I am hoping we grabbed on to as much of your toddler days as we could possibly stuff into our memory banks!
A few things are still true even as you grow up......you will always be our baby and you know that and make sure your sisters know that too. Even though you are a big girl who can do everything on her own (and has been able to for a while) you completely enjoy being the baby of the family.
I don't even know where to begin to recap your year.....so let me just jot down a few things that are simply Emily......
"I'm seriously" is one of your most often used phrases. This means you are serious about what you are telling us.
"By the way" is another phrase you say often, which makes be laugh ever time I hear it for some reason. Just sounds funny coming from a little person.
You speak very clear and use some mighty big words for a 5 year old ie, that is inappropriate! I died laughing when you said that to Abby because she was pulling her shirt up for everyone to see. Preschool this year hasn't really been your thing for some reason. I haven't figured out what the deal is. Needless to say you have missed your fair share of school. Though you do seem to like it when you are there. You and Mary are still best buddies. She gave you a Barbie with puppies that poops for your birthday. You and your sisters loved it.

Today we are heading to the rodeo for your birthday with your Aunt Ruth, Natalie and your MawMaw. 5 years ago today we had plans to go to the rodeo before our little Emily was born, but you decided to come a little bit early, so those plans got pushed aside for a trip to the hospital.
So very thankful for the day you were born my sweet Emily. You have a smile that lights up my heart every time I see it.

I LOVE YOU EMILY.....HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY!

No comments: