Yesterday afternoon Olivia tried out for a part in the Children's Choir spring musical at church. This was the first year she was old enough to try out. She has been waiting for the opportunity to try out since she was in Kindergarten. Of course she has been talking about this for the past two weeks, praying about it and asking all her teachers at school to pray that she gets the part. Her dad and I have tried to prepare her for a happy and no so happy outcome. In all her drama she says, " I will be soooooooooo sad if I don't get the part....I will want to cry"....and so on and so on!
So yesterday afternoon we pull up to the church with all excitement.....as we get out of the car Olivia says, " momma, can we say a prayer?" Just what her momma wanted to hear. I was going to ask to pray with her but I was hoping she would ask first. We knelt down on the ground beside our car, Olivia, Emily and I and we held hands and prayed for Olivia's audition. Such a sweet memory for me...wished someone was there to click a pic!
Olivia didn't seem nervous at all, full of confidence and excitement! WOW! I wouldn't have been like that when I was little. I would have been a bundle of nerves. I am very curious how she was in the audition....did she act nervous or confident? I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall!
Well, we find out next Wednesday what the verdict is......I will keep you posted!
1 comment:
Keri, I remember those days of Josh audtioning at church. It is so precious to see your children excited about something they love. But I think the best part of yesterday was Olivia asking to pray with you - that is priceless! Praise God for working in her little heart. I hope she gets the part she wants - I will be praying for her! Love you - Roxanne
Post a Comment