
Nana and Emme on her birthday......Nana brought Emily and her sister's a birthday treat from Rao's and we sang Happy Birthday!

Emily at 6 months
As I am blogging I am thinking back to 4 years ago today and I have just given birth to Emily it was after 9:00 at night and she wasn't suppose to be delivered for another 6 days. So it was quiet at the hospital after her birth. Her sisters were at home all tucked in bed anxious to meet their new sister in the morning. I remember being in labor pretty much all day waiting for David to get back from Austin. We were suppose to go to the rodeo that night but other plans were made for us. When David arrived home we left for the hospital and soon discovered that this day in fact would be the day of Emily's birth. I was taken by surprise at the fact that I was not ready to have her. I was hoping the dr. wanted to wait until the morning to come in and deliver her, but no,the doctor was ready to go, she got there before the nurses had a chance to filled me up with enough fluids to give me the epidural. I got myself together quickly and the next thing I know our precious Emily was out of her safe place and screaming bloody murder!
In honor of Emily's birthday today we pulled out the home videos of her first days. How precious and how sweet.....I want that little baby back in my arms. Those are such precious days that pass by before we are truly able to grasp the special memories they hold.
If David and I were not 44 we would definitely be ready for another.....and for that I hope my dad is proud. He is not so proud that I do not possess a love for animals like he has, but I do possess a love for having little ones (that belong to me) running around my house.Even though some days they suck the life right out of you, there are far more days when they fill your life to overflowing.
Well this is suppose to be a blog to celebrate all the Emily has accomplished in this last year......so let's get to it.
And now my mind goes blank.......what can we say about the baby of the family......she is turning into a far greater actress than her older sister Olivia. I do believe we have only scratched the surface of the drama that will be apart of Emily's life. She still has the greatest smile in the world, that she turns on immediately upon getting into trouble or anytime she feels the need to manipulate the situation. Some days she loves going to preschool and others she doesn't and who knows why. On Tuesday and Thursdays she wakes and immediately asks, "is it just me and you today momma?" She loves those days, though she always has a good time at school and comes home with plenty of stories to tell. Something new this year she started asking for was a baby.....every since her cousin had a baby, she now wants a baby. For the last three months she has been asking for a baby, while Abby would prefer a puppy! Emily loves to play outside, she especially loves to ride her bike and is learning how to roller skate, which she is very excited about. One of her favorite DVDs is Hopla and she absolutely loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Tom and Jerry.Those are just a few of the highlights of the year. It has been a great year of learning for Emily....and though I am sad that my baby is growing up too fast, I am excited about the years that lay ahead of us and the blessings and memories that will come. Happy Birthday my sweet little Doodles.....mommas loves you more than she can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment