Monday, March 23, 2009

The Bluebonnets are here!






















Thursday we made our usually annual trek to see the bluebonnets and take pictures. This time Uncle Scott came with us carrying his awesome camera and photo taking ability. Aunt Ruth and Natalie came with us as well so we had a great time hanging with family. We found a sunny spot behind Walmart in Brenham that had a field full of bluebonnets and we had fun there but the sun was awfully bright. We made our way to Independence and unfortunately The Antique Rose Emporium was closed. We LOVE that place. The girls do to because there is lots of space to run around and lots of things to investigate. So we drove on to Old Baylor College. They had swings there for the girls and a huge oak tree perfect for climbing which is exactly what the girls did. Scott took some awesome pictures of the girls at what I guess were the front steps to the old college. The sun was starting to set, so the lighting was perfect. We then spotted an incredible field of bluebonnets beside Sam Houston's old house. So of course we took more pictures. The girls did a good job of smiling pretty and striking poses. Some our naturals at it and others.......not so natural, but I won't mention names. The pictures can tell the story. The girls found an orange tree in front of Sam Houston's house, so they had a little snack after taking pictures.

It was a long day of all of us.....and I didn't mention all that we had to accomplish before we left just to be ready for our photo shoot. Really I was wiped out before we got to Brenham. We started bathing, washing hair, blow drying hair and rolling hair at 10:00 am. Then there was the ironing of the wardrobe not to mention putting it all on! Fortunately this was a day that Emily woke up in the middle of the night with fever so she sleep most of the day before we left, so that made the day a bit easier. Yes, I know I am a terrible mom for dragging my fever ridden child out to take bluebonnet pictures. But once we got into the car she didn't have fever anymore. Plus she had a great time on our little road trip!
They did get a little tired at times having so many pictures taken.....I think David even said they are going to grow up hating bluebonnets. But I disagree totally. They will have found memories of all our road trips to the bluebonnets each spring. Some of those bluebonnet treks have included stops at the BlueBell Creamery, which I think is a very good memory. I suppose only time will tell what they have to say about their memories of bluebonnets.....but for mom it will be all good!

No comments: