Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily




Emily turned three yesterday....her party will be Saturday so I will have pictures to post and more stories to tell.....but for right now I am going to let my mind wander through our past year with our little hellion! I know I shouldn't call her that but that is exactly what she is.....though I have to say yesterday she was such a good girl and we were out in public and everything and she really was quite obedient. I briefly thought.....could her terrible two's really be over the minute she turns 3! WhooHoo.......but I will have to get back with you on that one. She has been at MDO today so I am not sure what her day has been like....but I know her sweet teacher Ms. Mindy will be honest with me......she has her hands full with Emily and is never without a story for me when I come to pick her up. The other day Mrs. Sharon and Mrs. Mindy said they wished they had a video camera in the room. They could have won funniest home videos they said since they were both chasing Emily around the room hopping over kids napping trying to catch her....but enough of their memories....let me tell some of my own.Even though Emily can be a wild child she is a sweet child. She tells me she loves me all the time without being prompted. She loves to give kisses and she is quick to say thank you. She still loves that crazy paci and I don't know what we are going to do to get rid of it but it is time. She stays in her bed all night now ( her 4 year old sister doesn't even do that) and every morning she wakes up and tells me, "I stayed in my bed all night but Abby didn't! " She wakes up every morning with a smile on her face and a paci in her mouth....she says,"Hi Mommy!" Then her next statement is, "Where's Daddy" She loves to be thrown on the bed. That is something David started with the girls and they love it! I love her two front teeth that are so big and stick out. I call her beaver buck teeth and she always laughs when I say that. She loves to swing and have Abby take her for rides in the Jeep. Her and Abby love to play mommy and baby or puppy and mommy. Emily has no problem eating off the floor like a dog.The other day Emily threw a fit in a store so we promptly left. She threw a fit the entire way home. 20 minutes. I thought for sure this girl is going to get tired of crying and stop. Finally as we are pulling into the neighborhood she says, Mommy, I can't stop crying." Suddenly I started to feel sorry for her. I thought she really doesn't have any control over herself. I told her to take a deep breath and blow it out. She started to calm down. Later in the day, I believe, she hear me telling my mom this story.....because now quite often she tells me, Mommy I can't stop crying".....I no longer feel sorry for her. She is going to have to come up with a new story and I am sure she probably will.
As the years always go by quickly, this year was no exception....the changes are sometimes so subtle they go by unnoticed. One day your not rocking her to sleep anymore, she's going to the bathroom all by herself. Gone is the baby bed, the diapers, the bottles , the little bitty spoons and all the other things that say a baby lives in this house. Oddly enough that makes me sad....the truth be told I was putting off potty training Emily because I didn't want to stop buying diapers. That would have been a sure sign I didn't have a baby in the house anymore. But my husband and my mother wouldn't let it rest. That wanted that girl potty trained and she is!
So now we have a three year old living in the house....looking forward to all the fun and excitment that will bring........

1 comment:

Little Women said...

This post put tears in my eyes. It does go by so fast.