Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Don't Want to Go to Heaven.


Yesterday Abby and I were looking through some old pictures. She saw a picture of herself as a baby sitting on someone's lap. She asked who is that? I said that is Grandma Wiggins. Do you remember her? Yes she said, I have been looking for her, where is she? I told her she was in heaven with Jesus. Abby quickly looked up at me and said, "she died?" I told her she had. Abby then wanted to know where heaven was. She asked if everyone went to heaven. I said if you love Jesus you go to heaven. You could see the wheels in her head turning as we were talking. Finally, she very quickly stated, "I love Jesus but I don't want to go to heaven." And that was the end of the conversation. You could tell this was not a topic she cared to discuss any longer.

No comments: