









Summer is half over and I haven't even gotten back to blog about our Tennessee trip in detail......now the details have left my mind.....so I will move on to our other adventures before they leave my mind. Last week we took a spontaneous trip to Galveston before July 4th. We thought we would go during the week and beat the crowds which I think we did. Last minute trips are always fun. This was really the first time for the girls to actually get to swim in gulf water. We have been to many beaches but they were either babies or it was the wrong time of the year to be in a bathing suit. Well the brown water didn't deter anyone....it was the salty water they weren't real crazy about. I had already prepped the girls to keep their mouths closed because this water wasn't going to taste like swimming pool water! But little kids can't scream and have fun with their mouths closed! So it took them a while to get used to keeping their mouths closed. Emily and Abby said the water was spicy! The wave thing was a little freaky for them at first but once they got used to it, they loved playing with their body boards and riding the waves. And of course just being with Daddy was the best. I got in the water but I didn't stay for long. The first beach we went to wasn't the best we soon learned and Olivia and I meet with some nasty rocks below the surface. We tripped over the rocks and I cut my toes and poor Olivia really got cut up....her feet, her hands and her knees....blood was flowing when we finally made it out of the water. As you can imagine open skin and salt water are a terrible combination! There was lots of drama and we were ready to call it a day. We were going to Rain Forest Cafe that night for dinner and daddy told Olivia she could order anything on the menu......I think he was counting on her ordering the Volcano for dessert! Cha Cha the frog was there and Abby and Emily wanted to follow that frog all over the restaurant!
The second day at the beach was much better! Once Olivia was certain there were no rocks she was all in! The girls saw the big bikes cruising along the seawall and of course wanted to do that as well. So we came in from the beach, took showers and headed out for a bike ride at 1:00 pm......what were thinking. David and I were drenched 10 minutes into the bike ride. We informed the girls they should be glad they had two parents that were halfway in shape or there would have been no bike ride. We had a great time. We hope to make it back one more time before school starts!
This week we took a spontaneous trip to Austin with David, as he had to go for work. We had fun there as well. Swimming in Barton Springs....burrr eating outside at ShadyGrove :) going to The Children's Museum(Houston has them beat) and the LBJ library....not that the kids wanted to go there! Olivia pulled out her Brain Age game for her DS and David, Olivia and I started testing our brains everyday. We all started out at 80years old! More Simpson family summer fun!
This week MawMaw , Aunt Paula and the boys are here. The girls are excited to have them here. It should be a fun week!
No comments:
Post a Comment