Monday, July 27, 2009

Say Bye Bye to Paci!


Well tomorrow will mark ONE WEEK.....Emily is finally breaking away from paci....or should we say her parent's are finally breaking away from paci. All because David couldn't find it one night and then the next night she spent the night at her Nana's house, where she isn't allowed to have paci! I thought hey we have made it through two nights let's see how far we can go with this. She would ask for it a few times during the day, so then I made a deal with her if she went 5 days without paci I would buy her a toy....well she has gone 6 days and isn't begging for a toy. That is what is great about three year old....they don't really keep track of these things! A couple of days ago she spotted a paci that hadn't been well hidden. She pointed to it and said mommy, my blue paci.....I need it. I reminded her about her deal with me and the toy she could get. She looked at me and said, it's okay mom, I don't need my paci. She still asks about it everyday but she doesn't have to have it.....so it looks like at 3 1/2 Emily Simpson has finally broken the paci habit! Way to go Emme. You probably could have done this a long time ago but your parent's were holding you back.
I must add to the story......when I told David I blogged about Emme and her 1 week anniversary of no paci.....he says, "the last signs of having a baby are gone now.....and that is very sad." If I didn't know better I would say that man wants another baby, if he could find a woman to have one for him.....and if I weren't 44 I would love to be that woman.

No comments: