
We have to go back in time for this one.....I didn't take the time to blog the story when it happened back in November.....so here we go.
I took Olivia to get a haircut or should we say get her hair trimmed....she was in the process of letting it grow out and the ends where way to straggly for momma. So I told her she needed to get the ends evened up. So in we go to SuperCuts....I know not the best place to go but anyway.... I told the guy we were just getting it trimmed she was trying to grow it out. I also mentioned that I know she didn't have any style to her hair but that was okay. He talked about putting a few layers in and I thought okay why not, maybe it will have a little style.....well I don't know what he was thinking but he went to town. I wasn't giving him my full attention because I had the other two with me so I was trying to keep them entertained. I looked over to Olivia and I see him pulling up the top layer of hair and cutting it pretty darn short. I start paying more attention to him and I realize oh my this isn't looking good. Then I see Olivia's eyes and she is looking at me with eyes that are saying "WHAT IS HE DOING TO MY HAIR". I start to get a bit worried and before she is even out of the chair the tears are flowing. I feel awful. She steps down and the guy shows me her hair which is now cut into some sort of shoulder length shag!
As we go to the check out counter Olivia is out the door and sitting on the steps outside crying.They guy asks,what do you think mom.....I replied well it is a bit short, I thought you were just going to trim it! He could see she was terribly upset and told me I didn't have to pay for the haircut since she was not happy. I was thankful for that but felt a bit bad for him.
As soon as we got in the car I told Olivia we would go home and find a cute way to fix her hair and it would look great.
We got home and I checked it out more closely. She really had a cute hair cut. For SuperCuts he did an awesome job, so then I really felt bad that I hadn't paid. We put a headband in her hair and she liked the way it looked. I told her I would take her to Justice, her favorite store, and buy her all the headbands she wanted. That made her feel better.
Later that evening she came to me and said, "Momma, it doesn't matter what my hair looks like, all that matters is what is in my heart, right momma?"
No comments:
Post a Comment