That was the text that came across the phone at 3:30 AM while David and I were in NYC celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I am soooooo sad. Yes, that was a real kill joy! Olivia has in the past year developed a small amount of separation anxiety that went over the top when we told her we were going to NYC for two nights and that she and her sisters would be staying with Nana and Poppy. The other two were thrilled beyond words. Olivia started having stomach aches and was in the nurses office at school the whole week before we left. One day I got a call from the school nurse because she was having a meltdown at school. A couple of days later it was her teacher calling. Usually, me talking with her on the phone calmed her down but it was really kinda crazy. The Friday before we left, I was having lunch with Olivia at school. She was in line getting her food and her teacher came and sat down beside me and politely ask how was she to handle Olivia next week? I laughed and told her we weren't going to be gone the whole week just two nights! You could see the relief on her teachers face!
That night we celebrated Olivia's birthday at Incredible Pizza with Nana and Poppy and Auntie and Uncle Steve, Jenna, Jaci and Jeremy. Karaoke, her favorite thing to do and Olivia is awol! In the bathroom half the night with tears pouring down her face. Some birthday celebration.
It only got worse when we left. Mom said she threw up a couple times and cried a lot. She called us a lot and texted as well.
Olivia......you came close to ruining our NYC trip.....something you will want to remember one of these days, because I am sure your daughter will do the same to you one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment