Monday, August 10, 2009

On the road again.......

As I type we are in Hunt, Texas hanging out at Roddy Tree Ranch......the Loveless Family hangout for the past three years......but I have yet to tell the stories of our trip to Dallas and our first visit to the American Girl Store. Of course we had to stop at Bucee's on they way there and pick up beef jerky since we all love the stuff! ( And lots of candy of course) We visited one of my old college roommates on Monday and that night visited with more friends. When we were driving back to the hotel that night everyone started crying and whining they wanted to go home not back to the hotel. I am guessing they were too tired because we hadn't been to the American Girl Store yet and they were all looking forward to that. Tuesday morning we woke up and got our selves ready to eat lunch at the the American Girl Bistro and pick out some special things at the store. I was going it alone and wasn't quite sure how that was going to go....so I had a "little chat" with the girls before we left and it worked! They were very good.....no running around like crazy kids. We had fun at lunch with their dolls and fun food, though with two courses of food they weren't hunger when the main course came.....so there were lots of leftovers. Olivia asked the waitress if their dolls would get food.....and the waitress said you can share you food with her. Olivia didn't understand why they wouldn't give the dolls fake food like they sale. I told her I agreed that would be fun, but I reminded her it would be hard for them to keep up with the food.....but now that I think about it for the price you pay to eat there I think they could spare a little fake American Girl food for the girls to take home! They have little tear sheets all throughout the store by each item you might want to buy. Abby was busy tearing off sheets of all the things she wanted. I reminded her to save those and take them home to Daddy....which she did. It was hard to see a recession in that store. The store and restaurant were FULL of people!
After that I braved going into The Galleria. It was a nice uneventful trip into the mall!
We got to spend time with our old friends the McCoys and the girls had fun seeing Lilyand Claire their two daughters. It was nice to catch up with them and remember fun times in the past.
We headed home one day later than we had planned ......because Dallas was just that much fun!

No comments: