Monday, August 24, 2009

So long to summer.......

It is hard to believe summer is gone.....I remember not be very excited that summer was about to be here and no it is no more and I am sad. We had a great summer this year but there were still more things I wanted to accomplish. I was to work on Olivia's math facts with her and we didn't pick up those flash cards once! Summer is suppose to be fun anyway.....
And fun....we had plenty of it.....
Tennessee was a blast and started our summer of just right. We had lots of fun hanging with David's family, riding horses, playing in the streams, going to Dollywood, riding go carts and bumper cars and of course playing in the hot tub! What would those kids do without hot tubs. When we got back we had fun picking blueberries and veggies from MawMaw and PawPaws garden. Picking blueberries is very tedious work and I was proud of Olivia going out with Stephen Paul to pick blueberries so they could take them down to sell them. They worked for quite a while in the heat and they were very proud of their 10 dollars they made!
Then is was back home for VBS and time to jump on the Boomerang Express!
Abby's swim lessons started after VBS. Abby is definitely the swimmer in the family. By the end of summer she was diving 10 ft down for torpedo's. She looked like a frog making her way to the bottom of the pool. Emily stayed in her floaty bathing suit all summer and she loved it because she could get around the pool and do her own thing, but of course it kept her from learning how to keep herself a float. Three times this summer she got in without her swimsuit and without us knowing and of course she went right to the bottom! After the first time I thought she won't do that again. It scared her so bad she didn't want in the water for a while. But apparently her memory is very short because she did it two more times. Next summer will be her time to take lessons and learn how to swim.
We loved are quick trip to Galveston....next year I want to go to the beaches in Florida....we will see.
Well it is now March 2010 and I am just now noticing a started to blog a recap of the summer....of course I won't be able to remember the specifics now, so this recap has to end with our trip to Galveston which was at the first of July! I know we celebrated fourth of july somewhere just don't remember where.....after that we went to Princess with a Purpose camp which was a lot of fun for the girls, not so much for momma but this isn't a blog about momma.....Olivia went to Bearkadette camp after that. Somewhere in there we went to Dallas and Austin and had a blast both places. Buc-ee's became our new favorite road trip stop.....the girls LOVE beef jerky! Then we had a annual Roddy Tree trip with my family....another good time.....another great summer!

No comments: